Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Lazy Week

I'm having a really lazy time this week! The children are on holiday from school, so no need to get up early - which means I can work through the night without having to worry about getting up in the morning - my kind of life!

Since the wonderful sunshine last week we have had a full range of weather including snow! Thankfully it seems to be getting warmer again now, and the sun has been shining again.

I have been working on a new series of zentangles this week. The original zentangles are drawn by hand in pen and ink, then scanned into the computer and digitally altered. First I have cut the zentangle from it's background which then allows me to add a drop shadow to make it look 3D.

Then I have used the image to generate a pattern for the background to which I have added colour. The first zentangle has had it's colour inverted.


I have finally managed to finish my largest zentangle to date. I started it ages ago but was daunted by the sheer size of white space to cover and left it while I waited for inspiration. The original size is 5" x 6".

No comments: