Sunday, March 02, 2008

Being Creative!

I really feel that this year is becoming a properly creative year. Apart from the fact that I have managed to update my blog regularly since the beginning of this year, I have been trying out so many new creative avenues, and discovering abilities I never dreamt I had! My latest endeavour has been to start an art journal. The inspiration for this came mainly from the amazing journal entries published by Ann-D on the Creative Mom Podcast Flickr group pages.

I bought myself a greatly reduced page-a-day diary and cheated a little bit by creating this image of my word for the the year on the the page for January 01! Then I left lots of blank pages and made this entry for yesterday.


It was such a cold, windy and miserable day yesterday that I decided to create this warm sunny image to cheer me up! Both images have been created using fine line permanent markers for the outlines and Derwent watercolour pencils for the colour.

No comments: