Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spring is on the way!

Spring is definitely on it's way, despite the cold frosty, foggy weather we have been having lately. Looking out my workshop window today, I noticed the first of the spring flowers blooming in the garden.



The violets are so hard to see growing close to the ground, but they are such a beautiful colour.



The snowdrops, traditionally the first flower to bloom in the new year, look so graceful on their long stems.


I picked this violet and brought it into the workshop to photograph - I just love the shapes that it forms.

Yesterday was definitely a good day for my two teenage children. Their band 'Deep Sea Astronauts' won a local Battle of the Bands competition. Y e s !! ... they sounded really good! They may not have made the big time yet, but they were thrilled that their long hours of practice brought them this victory.

No comments: