Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Time to catch up!

I've been busy catching up today - catching up with paying the bills, but much more fun - catching up with the last Paper Adventure challenge, 'Something Old'.


When I saw the prompt, the first thing that came to my mind was my old 'spider' knife. I bought it at Habitat in the '70's and have been making new handles for it for the last 20 years! This latest handle consists of some kitchen roll wound round the tang, covered in tightly wound layers of 'gaffer tape'. 'Spider' is the brand name of the knife, so I had to include a google eyed spider in the layout! It wasn't until after I stuck my home made spider to the page that I suddenly remembered I was planning to keep my pages flat to save straining the binding of the album any more! Oh well - I shall definitely have to rebind my book now!!

After I finished my layout, I played with a couple more zentangles! They are just so addictive!


The flower was hand drawn, then various colour combinations were added digitally.



This shape made me think of a slug, but Wendy on Flickr reckons it is a turtle!

No comments: